A roof replacement involves making some important decisions on what’s best for your home. The process can already be overwhelming and adding more options into the mix doesn’t simplify it.
For the past decade, MLM Home Improvement has guided customers through every step of a roof replacement. Our trained project consultants are able to educate homeowners to make the best purchasing decisions for their house.
Here are a few of the decisions you will make during the roof replacement process.
Hiring the Right Roofing Company
This is the first decision and arguably the most important. Choosing the right contractor guarantees quality and long-lasting service. Nothing feels better than getting your money’s worth and nothing is more frustrating than having to waste more and more funds trying to get the best roofing service while enduring the effects of a damaged roof.
Here’s how to choose a roofing contractor.
- Ask around Identify the local roofing contractors in your area. Getting a local contractor is ideal because they are familiar with all the local rules and code regulations relating to their industry.
- Vet experience It can take years to master the skill of roofing. Hence it is always advisable to hire a contractor with experience in the industry. A roofing contractor should have at least 5 years of experience as this assures you they know their job.
- Check for warranty While you may find only a few contractors that offer an extensive warranty, it can serve as a bonus from the contractor you choose. Contractors that offer a warranty on workmanship are confident in their skills.
- References and Reviews Almost every customer likes to check for references or reviews before purchasing a product or service. Good reviews are proof of the contractor’s skill and customer service. Both references and reviews give you the confidence you need to move forward with the roofing contractor.
- Owen’s Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor is superior You can skip all the stressful and time-consuming steps and simply hire a contractor from the 1% of Owen’s Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor. This distinction means the roofers have been vetted and approved through the most rigorous qualification guidelines in the roofing industry. By hiring a roofer who is part of the short list of Owen’s Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, you offer yourself peace of mind, a sure investment, and the best warranties.
Choosing the Material
Once you commit to a roofing company, the next major decision will be choosing the roofing material you want. As an Owen’s Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, we have an array of options to choose from.
The most common roofing material in our region are architectural asphalt shingles, or dimensional shingles. They are two shingle strips (asphalt) laminated together to create a kind of shingle that looks like wood shake roofs. With architectural shingles, the tabs come in various color shades, sizes, and shapes; this is what gives the shingles their dimensional appearance.
This type of material is only one of the handful of options you will have to decide on with your new roof!
Deciding on Upgrades
When getting your roof replaced, there are items that are mandatory to replace along with it. However, some homeowners don’t realize new roofs can be customized by adding upgrades.
Some examples of upgrades are choosing a more energy-efficient shingle, installing a new gutter system, or improving roof ventilation with vents. Making these improvements are best during a roof replacement, and they will add to the longevity and functionality of your roof.
Let Us Serve You
Although there are a lot of big decisions to think about during a roof replacement, MLM will keep you informed and stress-free. We’ve helped thousands of customers in the region and would be honored to serve you. To get started, call (844) MLM-ROOF and schedule your free appointment!