Value or not, a new roof is hardly the way you want to spend your hard-earned money…
But, sometimes it’s necessary. Let’s discuss what that new roof will get you in terms of home value. Here are a few situations that surround needing a new roof and you may be familiar with one or more of them.
- You buy a home; the home inspector says the roof will need to be replaced in a few years.
- You have lived in a new home for 10 to 20 years and start seeing some shingles blown off in your yard (this sometimes happens within 5 years if the roof was installed improperly or cheap materials were used)
- You have been living in your home a long time and have started to see some water stains on your ceilings, maybe some ugly black streaking on the roof, or if you clean your gutters yourself, you may start to see some asphalt granules in your gutters or at the bottom of your downspouts.
Do any of these situations sound familiar? If so, it may be time to consider purchasing a new roof. A new roof is a very large investment and comes with many questions, one of them being, is it worth it for me to replace the roof? Well, in some situations you may have no choice based on the damage water is causing to your substrate and interior finishes, not to mention the possibility of electrical issues or structural issues. But what about if this isn’t your case? What if you may be able to get away with a repair now and a few more repairs for the next couple years. Should you replace the roof now or later?
This is a question we get a lot at MLM Home Improvement. To replace or not to replace, yes, that is the question…
Your roof is something you should only have to think about once. With the improvements made to asphalt shingles over the years a quality company like MLM Home Improvement can give you a lifetime warranty good for the material and labor of your roof for as long as you live in your home. Here are a few reasons it’s worth it to replace the roof now instead of later.
- Waiting to replace the roof later can cause major damage to the wood, insulation, drywall, flooring, and electrical components of your home. All it takes is one leak over a period of time to do some serious damage to your home.
- A new roof costing $10,000 will increase the value of your home by around $8,500.
- Most roofs are visible from the yard or street and a nice new architectural shingle roof has major curb appeal!
- At MLM we use only the best roofing materials from ¬Owens Corning, one of America’s top manufactures of roofing shingles in the country.
- A leaking roof can cause weakened plywood, which is overtime can weaken the plywood and be a major hazard for anyone walking on your roof (whether it’s you or your gutter cleaning company).
In the end, with the progress made in the asphalt shingle industry it makes sense to have your roof replaced now, eliminating further damage to your home or to anyone who has to climb on your roof. All the while increasing the value of your home!
Don’t have the money to buy a roof? MLM Home Improvement has many different financing options from low interest to no interest and no payments for almost 2 years.
Call or book online today for your free in-home estimate and attic inspection!